Friday, September 26, 2008

Angel, Sweetie, Bug, Little Monkey....

A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet...
I just wanted to take a minute and spotlight on my baby girl. She really is a very special person, with a unique personality. She is smart, beautiful, talented, and artistic. Now of course I am a mom who is supposed to say these things no mater what, but as many of you know I am the type of mom who will tell it like it is, and so when I say this you know I really mean it. There are times when I could pack her up and ship her off to a foreign land, that's for sure, but then it seems the very next minute she is drawing an amazing picture, writing a beautiful poem, teasing and playing very well with her little brother, or making a very wise statement. She is growing up way to fast and sometimes I wish I could go back to the days when the Disney princess's and barbie dolls were the most important things in the world. Now with such issues as keeping healthy, choosing the right friends, puberty, and what to wear to the school dance (that's right she goes to dances now) I see her in a whole new light. She will always be my one and only baby girl, but I have realized that she is growing and will someday be someone else's girl, then wife, and then mother. It makes me happy to see what a strong and independent young lady she has become and know through all of the ups and downs to come she will remain strong and live her life to the fullest. I love you very much Shilo Kimberly Walker and want you to know that I will always be here for you no matter what. Oh yeah and before I forget, never, ever, ever forget....

badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger....mushroom, mushroom....snaaake, snaaake


P.S.
Look at Shilo's midterm she is shooting for a 4.0....


No comments: