Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk


We saved the babies...

When I woke up on Saturday morning and it was all cloudy, rainy, and cold, I thought to myself, nope, noway, not gonna do it. I really was not looking forward to walking for 2 miles in the rain. But I thought, you know when I signed up for this deal there were never any promises for a sunny day. I thought people who support me and my nephew gave some hard earned cash for this cause, because I asked them too. Well whether it was for a good cause or just plain guilt, I'm glad I got my butt out of bed and joined in this event. I hope that my little $100 dollar goal that was superseded with $186 dollars in donations will help in anyway. It really was fun and not that cold once I started walking. We walked the 2 miles in 20 minutes and were back in time to watch the second half of Shilo's soccer game. This was a good experience and next time I think Ill do it with my kids. Keep watching cause soon we will all be walking for Diabetes. This comes at the end of the summer and Shilo and I are going to create a team that each of you can join, so that you can walk right along with us. Cant wait to see you all there...

No comments: