Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dreams do come true!




So this past Christmas, Brandon and I gave the kids each a small present wrapped in cute Santa wrapping paper. After all of the other presents were opened, thrown to the side, slept on, stepped on, and stacked into giant piles, Brandon walked to the closet and said "What is this up here in the very back of the top shelf?" As the kids both rolled over from there overstimulated blob-like positions, they saw these small presents. Running over to the grab them out of our hands they started to rip the wrapping off. Now first I must tell you that these gifts were only simple 3x5 picture frames with a piece of paper in them. on the paper was a printed off picture of the "Welcome to Disneyland" sign, and the yellow lights under the sign said..."coming soon Shilo Walker, Chase Walker summer of 2008". As they tore into these gifts Shilo was instantly jumping up and down with joy yelling "YES, YES, YES!!!!" Chase being only starting to read sat down on the floor and oh so quietly began sounding out the words. W...W...Wel..Come, to, Di...S..Ne.., anyway you get the point. We all sat quietly waiting for Chase to finish what he was working on so carefully. About 5 to 10 minutes later Chase jumped up and yelled "Disneyland we are going to Disneyland". Yes Chase good job you got it!

So Jumping forward in time June 19, 2008 we all were waking up early to head over to the airport to board our plane headed for Anaheim California. And when I say we were all waking up early I meant everyone except me, for I had been awake since 3:30 that morning. I was to exited to sleep. As we boarded the airplane I looked over at Shilo and her face was as white as a ghost. This little girl was so afraid to fly because of all of the stories she had heard from various other people. But I think having so many people there, me, Brandon, Chase, Shawna, Grandma Sherri, Grandpa Russel, and of course Aubry, she managed to be ok.

We had so much fun and really hit the ground running. After we landed at the airport and collected our luggage, and rental car, we literally headed over to Disneyland before we even checked into our hotel. Our itinerary went as follows, days one and two we spent all day running around Disneyland, day three we headed over to Universal Studios, day four was spent all day at the beach and later that night at the Medieval Times dinner, day five we went to Sea World, day six was spent at the San Diego Zoo, and finally day seven was spent at Disney California. Man it makes me tired just remembering all of that.

The kids had so many first times on this trip. First flight, first California stay, first time in the ocean, first extended stay in a hotel, first rental car (which of course they loved Grandpa's car better, he always has to be the coolest with the convertible), and of course first Disney experience. I'm so glad that I had the chance to experience all of these things with them and hope that they will remember this vacation for many years to come. It's so much fun to be the parent figure now and as I look back at everything my parents did for me as a child that I took for granted I know realize what those things actually meant. "Clean your room!", actually means enjoy the space that is yours and respect others so they will respect you. "Don't touch that!", means I love you so much and would be anyplace, do anything, and go everywhere for you. And of course, Giving you everything your heart can imagine means I want you to have things that I never could because you deserve the world. And I now know that all because my hearts walk around and breath air and make decisions with out me.... Making My Dreams Come True!
















No comments: